Nanny Job Description Template
Free nanny job description template. A nanny is a professional child care worker and household employee. A nanny can be found within a private residence or as part of a childcare or “babysitting” agency. The nanny is responsible for creating a stimulating environment for the child. And bathing, dressing, and generally ensuring the safety of the child or children within the home. This includes meal planning, activity planning, and planning educational activities.
A nanny is sometimes referred to as an “Au pair”, childcare worker, childcare provider, temporary nanny, and babysitter.
Nanny Job Description Sample
Our household is seeking an experienced and professional nanny and child care provider who can oversee the care of our children. The nanny will change their daily activities based on the children’s needs. From assisting with the children’s laundry to handling household chores, like cleaning the children’s bedrooms and bathrooms. A qualified nanny should be comfortable with additional duties and responsibilities. Like running errands, planning meals, preparing meals, serving meals, and assisting with general housekeeping. Our ideal candidate is a loving caregiver who has a passion for kids and children.
Nanny Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and nanny responsibilities:
- Assist with the daily activities of childcare. Which includes meal preparation, meal planning, and kitchen cleaning after the meals are served.
- Assist with planning the children’s activities. From “play dates” to educational activities to keep the children stimulated.
- Have comfort with supervising baths and assisting with bathing babies for the safety of all the children.
- Provide regular child development activities like educational field trips, physical activities, and more.
- Oversee the process of ensuring the children’s clothes are well cared for. This includes washing, drying, ironing, and placing outfits out for the following day.
- Oversee general household duties including cleaning, sanitizing, organizing, and more.
- Coordinate cleaning schedules and duties with the housekeeper and household manager.
- Assist an older child with transportation to sporting events and school.
- Assist with the children's laundry. Take the children to school. And be first aid ready when necessary.
- Be responsible for changing diapers.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CPR certification.
- Proven child care experience.
- Previous experience as part of a nanny agency is a plus.
- Previous nanny experience is preferred.
- A clean driving record.
- Good communication with parents.
According to PayScale, a nanny earns $15.08 per hour, on average. With the top percentile earning $19.20 per hour, on average. And an entry-level worker earning $10.17 per hour, on average.
Top candidates have one or more of the following skills:
- Attention to detail skills
- Compassion skills
- Empathy skills
- Communication skills
- Creative skills
- Cooking skills
- Cleaning skills
- Communication and relationship building
- Time management and scheduling
- Creative skills
Kidsit.com says that there are certain qualities that make great babysitters and nannies. They're defined as "being responsible, dependable, punctual, kind, patient, creative, confident, and more."
Nanny Job Boards
Employers posting an open nanny position should use smaller job boards. Before opening the job advertisement and job description up to a national job board like Indeed, Dice.com, or Monster. Using smaller job boards can attract job seekers who have more passion for the industry or a healthier amount of prior working experience.
Top nanny job boards
- Adventure Nannies
- International Nanny Association
- Above and Beyond Nannies
- Side Job Board
Those looking to advance themselves in the nanny/babysitter job title. Or employers looking to place nanny positions may want to consider the following resources. These resources can provide helpful insight on creating an ideal workplace. And understanding the role with clarity, and ensuring a healthy work relationship between employee and employer:
Download the free nanny job description PDF template. And use the sample nanny job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..