Best Nanny Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A nanny is a professional child care worker and household employee. A nanny can be found within a private residence or as part of a childcare or “babysitting” agency. The nanny is responsible for creating a stimulating environment for the child, bathing, dressing, and generally ensuring the safety of the child or children within the home. This includes meal planning, activity planning, and planning educational activities.
A nanny is sometimes referred to as an “au pair”, childcare worker, childcare provider, temporary nanny, and babysitter.
Nanny Job Description Sample
Our household is seeking an experienced and professional nanny and child care provider who can oversee the care of our children. The nanny will change their daily activities based on the children’s needs. From assisting with the children’s laundry to handling household chores, like cleaning the children’s bedrooms and bathrooms. A qualified nanny should be comfortable with additional duties and responsibilities like running errands, planning meals, preparing meals, serving meals, and assisting with general housekeeping. Our ideal candidate is a loving caregiver who has a passion for kids and children.
Nanny Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and nanny responsibilities:
- Assist with the daily activities of childcare. Which includes meal preparation, meal planning, and kitchen cleaning after the meals are served.
- Assist with planning the children’s activities. From “play dates” to educational activities to keep the children stimulated.
- Have comfort with supervising baths and assisting with bathing babies for the safety of all the children.
- Provide regular child development activities like educational field trips, physical activities, and more.
- Oversee the process of ensuring the children’s clothes are well cared for. This includes washing, drying, ironing, and placing outfits out for the following day.
- Oversee general household duties including cleaning, sanitizing, organizing, and more.
- Coordinate cleaning schedules and duties with the housekeeper and household manager.
- Assist an older child with transportation to sporting events and school.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CPR certification.
- Proven child care experience.
- Previous experience as part of a nanny agency is a plus.
- Previous nanny experience is preferred.
According to PayScale, a nanny earns $15.08 per hour, on average. With the top percentile earning $19.20 per hour, on average. And an entry-level worker earning $10.17 per hour, on average.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesNanny Cover Letter Sample
Nanny Resume Example - Free Template
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..