Sales Associate Job Description Template
Free sales associate job description template. A retail sales associate (or sales associate) is a customer service professional who works within a retail store. They can also be found in food suppliers or other retail establishments assisting customers with questions about products and services. The retail associate acts as a retail salesperson, customer service representative, and assists with retail sales.
Other retail roles that are commonly found in a retail store are sales associate, merchandise sales associate, and sales floor associate. Other titles include store sales associate, sales associate cashier, and sales assistant. These roles are considered variations of the retail sales associate position in the retail industry.
Retail Sales Associate Job Description Sample and Template
Below is a sample retail sales associate job description. Use this job description to write a job posting or job advertisement.
Job Brief/Job Summary
Our retail establishment is seeking a new or experienced sales associate who can assist with retail sales. The retail sales associate will own the sales floor. Working with a store manager and sales manager to develop product knowledge they can share with customers. By doing so, they will assist customers with their product and service choices. Our ideal candidate greets customers and feels compelled to achieve customer satisfaction while helping them choose merchandise that fits their needs. Sales associates require basic math skills, the ability to use a point of sale system, and previous experience in sales is preferred. Sales associates must meet our requirements and qualifications. And be knowledgeable about products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample sales associate responsibilities and job duties.
- Greet customers as they enter the store. Make sure guests have a pleasant experience.
- Ask questions to learn what the customer needs are of a retail customer.
- Set and meet sales goals with the sales manager.
- Operate the cash register.
- Help potential customers with their merchandise decisions.
- Learn industry insights and share this knowledge with customers.
- Work closely with each team member on the selling floor.
- Assist customers who approach you with customer service requests.
- Coordinate with other sales workers and each employee on the sales floor.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets. Attend training classes to better communicate with customers.
- Assist with customer inquiries by phone. Forward calls to management staff.
- Assist with planning marketing activities, such as changing the store's design or sales floor layout.
- Perform regular sales tracking and related reporting.
- Perform daily department tasks like stocking, creating merchandising displays , tagging merchandising, and pricing markdowns.
- Work closely with staff. Including a consultant, coordinator, supervisor, director, or executive.
- Demonstrates that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency.
A qualified candidate should have the following:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, sales, or related field is a plus.
- Previous experience as a retail sales worker or sales associate position preferred.
- Must have strong sales associate skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills.
- Must enjoy greeting customers and delivering world-class customer service.
- Friendliness. Excellent customer service skills.
- Keen time management skills.
- Ability to handle money. Sometimes referred to as cash handling skills.
Fashion Sales Associate Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers with clothing choices.
- Find alternative sizes and colors in the warehouse for shoppers.
- Organize and set clothing in ideal settings for customers.
- Assist customers with clothing they no longer want to purchase.
Online Sales Associate Duties and Responsibilities
- Help answer customer questions related to products and services.
- Assist customers with their checkout process.
- Ensure customers are happy with their purchases or upcoming purchases.
- Assist customers with product ideas, service ideas, and understand what problem the customer is solving.
Download the free sales associate job description PDF template. And use the sample sales associate job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..