Best Creative Director Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download) 
A creative director is a professional who oversees the creative process and creative execution of a creative department. Depending on the industry or focus, the creative director’s role and responsibilities may shift. A creative director is the professional who oversees the early stages of projects, initiatives, and helps to cast a vision for the design philosophy.
Creative Director Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking a creative director who can oversee our creative staff and assist in the creative lead of all initiatives, projects, brand development, visual communication, and more. As a creative director, you’ll be working closely with the associate creative director, graphic designer, and other staff to plot creative work and creative vision with the creative team. Previous experience as a creative director in the graphic design industry is preferred.
Creative Director Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and responsibilities of a creative director.
- Oversee the early-stage creative direction of all initiatives.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and assist with their creative concept development.
- Assist with general art direction and provide creative guidance.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and assist with their creative strategy and marketing strategy.
- Provide ongoing support to creative team members.
- Understand advertising trends and how to compete in the advertising space.
- Cultivate creative solutions from concept to reality.
- Nurture every creative idea from the team. From the copywriter to the graphic artists.
- Assist with copywriting, brand standards, and all brand-related communications for each advertising campaign.
- Provide insights and reporting to the executive creative director.
Creative Director Requirements
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts, Marketing, or Business Communications.
- Previous experience at an advertising agency (ad agency) preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the creative field.
- Previous experience as a senior art director or in a previous creative director position preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Creative Director Interview Questions & Answers
Creative Director Resume Example
Associate Creative Director Cover Letter Sample
Associate Creative Director Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..