Housekeeper Job Description Sample - Free Template for 2020
A housekeeper is a professional who works within a family residence or hotel staff. They are more than simply someone who looks after the sanitation and hygiene of the home or hotel. They look after the needs of the pantry as well as the children inside the home or hotel at times as well. A housekeeper is someone who looks after a home or hotel in a way that is similar to if the homeowner or hotel owner themselves.
Table of Contents
- Housekeeper Job Description Sample
- Housekeeper Salary
- Housekeeper Job Description For Resume
- Housekeeper Skills
- Housekeeper Duties & Responsibilities
- Housekeeper Requirements
Housekeeper Job Description Sample
We are seeking a professional and passionate housekeeper to help us with the daily operations of the home. The perfect housekeeper is someone who has respect for the home and looks for the details that make a home in clear operational order. The housekeeper will look after all kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, and more. The needs of the house might entail the bedding being washed to the dishes being done to the children being taken to school.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Housekeeper position in the U.S. was $10.85/hr on average.
Housekeeper Job Description For Resume
2 prior years working as a housekeeper for a private family. I was primarily responsible for looking after the master bedrooms and bathrooms. As well as all the family room areas. These were frequently visited by guests and business colleagues, meaning I was ensuring that all spaces were functional, clean and in working order.
- Hygiene skills
- Cleaning skills
- Laundry skills
- Coordination skills
- Planning skills
- Operational skills
- Self-motivation skills
Housekeeper Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all housekeeping is performed in each guest room and master room.
- Work closely with the head housekeeper to plan the day and ensure quality care is performed.
- Replace all amenities in the kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Work closely with each room attendant to ensure that the rooms are ready to be cleaned.
- In a hotel setting, ensure each guest is happy with the cleanliness of their room.
- Look after and clean any bedding within the master and other bedrooms.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning tasks for all kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Perform regular home pantry auditing for spoiled food and replace food that is spoiled.
- Maintain all cleaning supplies and replenish whenever the inventory is running low.
- Dust, polish and clean any wood materials with their proper cleaning supplies.
- Perform regular vacuuming as well as coordination with any other employees who are operating the household.
- Iron linen sheets and bedspreads.
- Handle all cleaning duties as instructed by the family resident or hotel staff like the housekeeping supervisor.
- Ensure a clean room in every part of the private household.
- Perform all housekeeping duties and essential functions of the home as instructed by the hotel staff or homeowner.
- Work closely with the housekeeping team and housekeeping department to plan cleaning of each guest room or private room.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Some high school education required.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have a state drivers license and be able to pass a background check and basic drug test.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and be able to show up on time.
- Ability to work on weekends if required.
- Ability to move up to 25 pound boxes if needed.
Questions and answers for employers.
What job title is this job description sample for?
- Housekeeping Staff
- Executive Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Aide
- Hospital Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Cleaner
- Hotel Housekeeper
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesHousekeeper Resume Example
5+ Best Housekeeper Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..