Best Housekeeper Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A housekeeper is a domestic worker responsible for cleaning and caring for a private residence or commercial establishments. The housekeeper is responsible for overseeing any sanitation requirements of the residence or commercial property. This includes properties like healthcare facilities, restaurants, hotels, and government buildings.
A housekeeper is sometimes referred to as a hospital housekeeper, hotel housekeeper, maid, or room attendant.
Housekeeper Job Description Sample
Our head housekeeper is seeking a housekeeper to help our hotel establishment stay sanitary and provide an optimal experience for our guests. The housekeeper will handle the general cleaning duties of hotel rooms. This includes ensuring clean towels, clean linen sheets are available, ensuring any laundry is picked up from floors or bathrooms, and ensuring the guest room is ready for the next guest.
Housekeeper Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and housekeeper responsibilities:
- Follow instructions from the executive housekeeper, lead housekeeper, housekeeping supervisor, and housekeeping manager.
- Work closely with other housekeeping staff to coordinate cleanings.
- Be assigned general housekeeping duties and responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Use cleaning chemicals to ensure all bathrooms are clean and sanitized.
- Answer customer service questions if guests ask during cleaning.
- Handle the vacuuming of the floors in each of the guest rooms.
- Dust all blinds, tables, side tables, and lampshades.
- Oversee the general cleaning and sanitizing of a private household.
- Take on laundry duty throughout the week and ensure linen sheets are cleaned, ironed, and folded.
- Handle the essential functions of the sanitation process.
Domestic Housekeeper Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Check inventory and purchase groceries or other household supplies.
- Maintain a record of related expenditures as a housekeeper.
- Plan and cook meals for the employer and children in the household.
- Care for household pets, walk pets, and purchase food.
- Polish silverware and dishes.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards by the employer and family.
- Clean appliances and televisions.
- Run errands for the employer as necessary.
- Assist with answering the telephone and taking messages.
- Assist with the children in the household.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Experience operating cleaning equipment like vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners is preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience in hotel housekeeping or private residence housekeeping is preferred.
According to Salary.com, a housekeeper earns $26,128 per year, on average. With the top percentile of workers earning $32,607 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $21,489 per year, on average.
Housekeeper Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesHousekeeper Resume Example
5+ Best Housekeeper Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..