Housekeeper Job Description Sample
A housekeeper is a professional who works within a family residence. They are more than simply someone who looks after the sanitation and hygiene of the home. They look after the needs of the pantry as well as the children inside the home at times as well. A housekeeper is someone who looks after a home in a way that is similar to if the home were owned by themselves.
Table Of Contents
Housekeeper Job Description Sample
We are seeking a professional and passionate housekeeper to help us with the daily operations of the home. The perfect housekeeper is someone who has respect for the home and looks for the details that make a home in clear operational order. The housekeeper will look after all kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms and more. The needs of the house might entail the bedding being washed to the dishes being done to the children being taken to school.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Housekeeper position in the U.S. was $10.85/hr on average.
Housekeeper Job Description For Resume
2 prior years working as a housekeeper for a private family. I was primarily responsible for looking after the master bedrooms and bathrooms. As well as all the family room areas. These were frequently visited by guests and business colleagues, meaning I was ensuring that all spaces were functional, clean and in working order.
- Hygiene skills
- Cleaning skills
- Laundry skills
- Coordination skills
- Planning skills
- Operational skills
- Self-motivation skills
Housekeeper Duties & Responsibilities
- Replace all amenities in the kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Look after and clean any bedding within the master and other bedrooms.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning tasks for all kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Perform regular home pantry auditing for spoiled food and replace food that is spoiled.
- Maintain all cleaning supplies and replenish whenever the inventory is running low.
- Dust, polish and clean any wood materials with their proper cleaning supplies.
- Perform regular vacuuming as well as coordination with any other employees who are operating the household.
- Some high school education required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have a state drivers license and be able to pass a background check and basic drug test.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and be able to show up on time.
- Ability to work on weekends if required.
- Ability to move up to 25 pound boxes if needed.
Using This Housekeeper Job Description Template
In order to use your new housekeeper job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Housekeeper Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..