Data Analyst Job Description Sample - Free Template
A data analyst is a professional that is hired to help guide business objectives by quantifying data that is found both internally and externally. Data analysts are a core part of the data science team or sometimes part of the product, software, engineering teams. They are helpful for all of the functional areas of a business including marketing, product, operations and leadership.
Table of Contents
- Data Analyst Job Description Sample
- Data Analyst Resume Summary
- Data Analyst National Average Salary
- Data Analyst Duties & Responsibilities
- Data Analyst Skills
- Data Analyst Requirements
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Data analysts are professionals who help utilize internal and external data to propel business needs. Data analysts perform surveys and market research to gather useful information that can be used to quantify business needs. Analysts are required to know how to create forms, flows, charts, and reports which can help executive members of the leadership team. They should be proficient in the use of many programming languages and Microsoft tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, SharePoint, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB and much more.
Data Analyst Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a data analyst in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
3+ years working as a data scientist and/or data analyst. Proficient in SharePoint, SQL, SQLite, MySQL, Postgres, R, Mongo, MongoDB, and much more. Able to chart and course information paths.
Data Analyst National Average Salary
National average salary for data analysts is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor Statistics. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $42,000 - $84,000
Data Analyst Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor daily data and analysis requests
- Assist in the development and documentation of data management processes and our standards
- Be a facilitator to data to all functional areas of the business
- Execute SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo queries in order to uncover data
- Work with management to identify projects that data analysis can help guide
- Work alongside software engineering teams and product teams
- Ensure detail quality is monitored and groomed regularly
- Able to handle all statical analysis
- Ensure data quality of inbound and outbound data is in tact
- Work with data sets to create data mining models and other data models
- Work closely with your senior data analyst
- Understand basic business data
- Comfort with machine learning
- Understand how to create predictive analytics models
- Be able to perform basic statician mathmematics models
- Be able to create and manage relational databases
- Comfort with producing actionable insights from big data using statistical analysis
- Work closely with a operations research analyst, financial analyst, marketing analyst, business analyst, and other roles
- Build analytics tools and manage analytics dashboards for our teams
Data Analyst Skills
- Microsoft Sheets
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Written skills
Data Analyst Requirements
- Bachelors degree in computer science or similar category
- 3 - 5 years working as a data analyst or software engineer
- Previous experience in a related field or data analyst role is appreciated (junior data analyst, market research analyst, operations analyst, or other)
- Comprehensive SQL knoweldge
- Exceptional written skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to generate custom reporting for business owners
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring Resources5 Best Data Analyst Internships
Data Analyst Resume Example - Free Template for 2020
Data Analyst Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..