Best Data Analyst Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A data analyst is a professional who transforms and models data and information with the goal of discovering useful business information and conclusions that can help support decision-making within a business. In this sense, a data analyst is someone who performs business analysis using data models and data transformations.
A data analyst is sometimes referred to as a business analyst, data scientist, senior data analyst, junior data analyst, operations analyst, market research analyst, marketing analyst, or data scientist depending on the business and industry.
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking a data analyst who can help to perform predictive analysis against our business. We rely heavily on the data analyst role to utilize machine learning, data mining, cognitive computing, data sets, statistical analysis, data analytics, and other business data to gather and determine business intelligence and actionable insights. As a data analyst, you’ll be practicing computer science and big data analytics to create predictive models and predictive analytics for our business teams.
Data Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Below are data analyst responsibilities and job duties.
- Control the data analysis pipeline and work closely with a financial analyst, business analyst, operations research analyst, and other analyst roles.
- Cleanse and ensure data quality and data integrity while modeling new data sets.
- Practice data science by ingesting market data, internal revenue data, customer information, and more.
- Work closely with our internal statistician to create complex data models.
- Develop relational databases that help organize our large data sets.
- Be the stakeholder for determining business insight and more.
- Ingest large sets of healthcare data and set models for making business decisions.
Data Analyst Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in a related field.
- Experience in a previous data analyst role or business analyst role preferred.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Keen communication skills, analytical ability, and interpersonal skills.
Data Analyst Salary
According to Salary.com, a data analyst earns anywhere from $66,700 to $85,600 per year, on average.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5 Best Data Analyst Internships
Data Analyst Resume Example - Free Template for 2020
Best Data Analyst Cover Letter Sample (+ Free Template Download)
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..