Recruiter Job Description Sample
A recruiter is someone who works either within a company or for a recruiting firm to source, test and assist in the hiring process of candidates or future potential employees. A recruiters job is to work with a company to understand their human resource needs, source candidates that they feel are applicable to the job function, and work with the company to place that position or hire.
Table Of Contents
Recruiter Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Recruiter job description:
We are searching for an outstanding recruiter to help us ensure that we source, interview and hire some of the world's best talent. We are challenged by the fact that our offices are in some of the world's most competitive job ecosystems. And this can make hiring very challenging. An outstanding recruiter is someone who can take on these challenges and find the diamonds in the rough. They are smart, analytical, experienced with hiring and can work quickly.
According to PayScale, the average salary for a recruiter in the United States of America is $49,500 annually. They average a commission of $8,500 per year. Sometimes companies offer a profit-sharing structure for employees who stay long periods of time or perform highly. For this, you could expect somewhere between a 1% to 2% annual profit-sharing figure. Jobs for recruiters has increased in 2018 and is expected to go up into 2019 and beyond.
Recruiter Job Description For Resume
A Recruiter position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
5+ years working as a junior recruiter for a Silicon Valley technology firm. Comfortable sourcing large groups of candidates and creating interview sessions. Comfortable in the CRM management of the recruitment process. Able to create a recruiting pipeline and operational handbook that can be passed down to future Human Resource representatives.
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- People skills
- Analytical skills
- Comprehension skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Listening skills
- Operational skills
- Human resource skills
- Computer skills
Recruiter Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Recruiter for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Work alongside senior leadership to identify human resource needs.
- Report on candidate market trends and shifts that are happening in the job market.
- Attend intake meetings with hiring managers to assist in the interview and hiring process.
- Be able to act as an internal consultant to a variety of teams. Thus being able to service our overall Human Resource gaps.
- Be able to leverage business data and use this to your advantage.
- Have a strong ability to source candidates and develop a candidate pool and pipeline.
- Be able to develop our hiring process over time and create a company handbook.
- Be able to represent the company in a positive light when speaking with potential candidates.
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- 2-5 years in a prior Human Resource position preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business preferred.
- Proficient at using CRM tools as well as Microsoft Excel.
- Significant experience working with large groups of Microsoft or Google Docs that pertain to candidates.
- Be able to report on staffing needs and manage a budget related to employment.
- Be able to handle the drafting and sending of offer letters or letters of employment.
- Must be knowledgeable at using Taleo.
- Salesforce experience also a plus.
Other Recruiter Resources
Using This Recruiter Job Description Template
In order to use your new recruiter job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..