Best Accounting Clerk Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
An accounting clerk is a finance professional who works as part of a finance team. The accounting clerk handles tasks like the matching of purchase orders and vouchers. Performing data entry against balance sheets, maintaining accounting records, and filing financial statements and other financial documents.
An accounting clerk is sometimes referred to as an auditing clerk, accounts receivable clerk, and bookkeeping clerk.
Accounting Clerk Job Description Sample
Our accounting team is looking for an accounting professional who can oversee our accounting clerk duties and responsibilities. This includes overseeing invoices, recording financial statements and financial transactions as well as assisting with the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable requests. The accounting clerk should have a general understanding of recording financial statements to a balance sheet and tracking financial transactions and financial statements.
Accounting Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and accounting clerk responsibilities:
- Work closely with the certified public accountant, bookkeeper, payable clerk, receivable clerk, accounting assistant, and other accounting team members to oversee the accounting department.
- Follow company accounting principles and accounting procedures on a regular basis, ensuring the safety and security of financial records, financial reports, and other sensitive information.
- Oversee the data entry of financial statements and information into a general ledger or balance sheet. Accounting for all financial data and financial transactions.
- Work closely with the accounts payable team and accounts payable clerk to oversee payroll and track statements into a general ledger and balance sheet.
- Ensure each bank deposit is properly tracked in its debit and credit balance sheet.
- Track purchase orders, vouchers, and outstanding invoices as part of regular financial record keeping.
Accounting Clerk Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is a plus.
- Experience with accounting software such as Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks, and more.
- Interpersonal skills and written communication skills is a plus.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesAccounting Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..