Example Data Entry Clerk Job Description for 2022
Free data entry clerk job description. A data entry clerk is a professional who enters, updates, and cleanses data within a computer system. A data entry clerk may sometimes be tasked with transferring paper documents into digital documents using a keyword. Special keyboards may be provided to data entry clerks to assist with the speed of their work.
A data entry clerk has various job titles, including a data entry operator, data entry professional, and data entry specialist.
Data Entry Clerk Job Description Sample
We are looking for a data entry clerk to assist our business. Our business is seeking a data entry clerk who can assist in transferring data, hard copy files, and other information into digital formats. The data entry clerk will use tools like a Word processor to enter data. As well as special data entry devices to assist with typing speeds. The data entry clerk will take a source document and transfer it to a digital version either as a Word file or spreadsheet file.
Data Entry Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and data entry position responsibilities include:
- Use office equipment to assist in data entry.
- Check for incomplete documents and set aside.
- Provide ongoing data entry work.
- Check the original source document for incomplete data.
- Use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to add data.
- Work closely with an administrative assistant to help with data entry needs.
- Assist with any data entry task.
- Assist with administrative duties that fall in line with data entry.
- Take source documents and begin transferring them to digital formats.
- Be accountable for entering data with clarity, using word processing tools to ensure data quality.
- Modify existing data sets according to project details.
- Oversee data integrity and take pride in the data entry role. Ensure data preservation.
- Sort data by project goals as requested.
- Perform regular backups of data sets.
Data Entry Clerk Requirements
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a data entry clerk or in a data entry job preferred.
- Physical ability to be typing for long hours.
- Strong passion for developing data entry skills.
- Strong skill for paying close attention to detail.
- MS Office Word. Communication skills. Fast-typing skills. Excellent knowledge of database systems and computer systems. Ability to time data entry according to words per hour.
Data Entry Clerk Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a data entry clerk earns $16.74 per hour, on average. Equalling $34,800 in median annual salary.
Data Entry Clerk Skills
Top candidates have one or more of the following skills:
- Multitasking skills.
- General computer skills.
- Typing skills.
- Word processing skills.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Self-motivation skills.
- Coordination skills.
- Hand-eye coordination skills.
Most popular job boards
Data entry jobs can be found here:
Related job descriptions
Download the free data entry job description PDF template. And use the sample data entry job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Data Entry Job Description Template
Download our job description template in Word or PDF format. Instant download. No email required.Download Template
All job descriptions
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..