Best Data Entry Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A data entry clerk is a professional who enters, updates, and cleanses data within a computer system. A data entry clerk may sometimes be tasked with transferring paper documents into digital documents using a keyword. Special keyboards may be provided to data entry clerks to assist with the speed of their work.
A data entry clerk has various job titles, including a data entry operator, data entry keyer, data entry professional, and data entry specialist.
Data Entry Clerk Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking a data entry clerk who can assist in transferring data, hard copy files, and other information into digital formats. The data entry clerk will use tools like Word processor to enter data as well as a special data entry device to assist with typing speed. The data entry clerk will take a source document and transfer it to a digital version either as a Word file or spreadsheet file.
Data Entry Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities:
- Use office equipment to assist in data entry.
- Check for incomplete documents and set aside.
- Provide ongoing data entry work.
- Check the original source document for incomplete data.
- Use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to add data.
- Work closely with an administrative assistant to help with data entry needs.
- Assist with any data entry task.
- Assist with administrative duties that fall in line with data entry.
Data Entry Clerk Requirements
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a data entry clerk or in a data entry job preferred.
- Physical ability to be typing for long hours.
- Strong passion for developing data entry skills.
- Strong skill for paying close attention to detail.
Data Entry Clerk Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a data entry clerk earns $16.74 per hour, on average. Equalling $34,800 in median annual salary.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources15+ Best Data Entry Interview Questions
Data Entry Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..