Best Delivery Driver Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A delivery driver is a professional responsible for the transportation of food and other goods from one destination to another. A delivery driver ensures that a customer’s products are delivered both at the proper destination and at the proper time. The delivery driver ensures the safe handling of the customer’s products during the packing, loading, unloading, and final delivery stages of the process.
A delivery driver has various job titles, including package delivery driver, delivery truck driver, delivery services driver, and delivery service partner.
Delivery Driver Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking a responsible delivery driver to assist with the final delivery logistics of our business. The delivery driver will ensure the safe handling of all deliveries. Ensure that deliveries are made in a timely manner. And that during this process, all traffic laws are obeyed while achieving customer satisfaction. An ideal candidate for our company is someone who takes pride in their work, has attention to detail, and ensures a safe work environment at all times.
Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and delivery driver responsibilities:
- Ensure each food station is well prepared. This includes the main entree line station, salad station, and more.
- Operate a delivery vehicle and obey road safety laws.
- Provide optimal customer service while delivering customer products.
- Ensure a timely delivery with every order and delivery.
- Provide reasonable accommodation to customers who have questions during delivery.
- Answer vendor questions when asked upon delivery. Act as one of our many sales workers/delivery drivers.
Delivery Driver Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) preferred.
- A clean driving record preferred.
- Previous work experience as a food delivery driver preferred.
- Previous work experience driving a delivery truck preferred.
Delivery Driver Salary
According to Salary.com, a delivery driver earns $42,700 per year, on average. With the top percentile earning $58,748 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $28,563 per year, on average.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Delivery Driver Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..