Personal Assistant Job Description (2021)
Free personal assistant job description. A personal assistant is an assistant and secretary to a family, professional, and important person. They assist with daily business and personal tasks. A personal assistant handles a wide variety of administrative tasks, both professional and personal. For example, assisting with the household staff and household staff management.
A personal assistant may sometimes be referred to as an executive assistant, virtual assistant, private personal assistant, executive secretary, and virtual personal assistant. As well as an administrative assistant, executive personal assistant, and celebrity personal assistant. The roles and responsibilities are generally the same, though they may have differences depending on the job and work situation. Personal assistants generally work with managers. And senior management or executives.
Personal Assistant Job Description Sample
We are seeking a personal assistant who can oversee administrative needs and responsibilities. The personal assistant position embodies efficiency. A qualified candidate will have no issue handling travel arrangements and scheduling meetings one minute to oversee the office manager tasks the next minute. The ideal personal assistant is a manager of one, self-motivated, and flexible working hours. The motto for a great personal assistant is, “no responsibility is too small.”
Personal Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample personal assistant responsibilities and job duties include:
- Provide personal assistance to the stakeholder.
- Schedule meetings, manage appointments, daily activities, and more.
- Overall all business administration tasks.
- Develop a sense of each task that is causing a lack of daily efficiency and take on that task.
- Assist with household functions such as paying bills, staffing, home operations, and more.
- Have a flexible work schedule and assist when necessary.
- Assist with reports, presentations, and other business tasks.
- Be the first point of contact for phone calls and clients.
- Assist with answering phone calls and providing administrative support.
Household Personal Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing household needs such as cleaning, organizing, and maintenance.
- Taking care of dogs or cats, exercising them daily, managing vet, and grooming appointments.
- Running errands, purchasing groceries, and maintaining all household inventory.
- Providing support in any capacity as necessary.
Personal Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or other.
- Previous administrative experience or personal assistant role with an employer preferred.
- Ability to handle administrative duties and tasks.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, leadership skills, and business administration skills.
- Strong passion to develop personal assistant skills over time.
- Comfort with performing tasks outside the job title.
- Time management skills. Interpersonal skills. Ability to schedule meetings and appointments. And the capability of arranging travel.
Personal Assistant Salary
According to PayScale, a personal assistant earns $15.15 per hour, on average. With the top percentile earning $25.00 per hour, on average. And entry-level workers earning $10.00 per hour, on average.
Personal Assistant Skills
Top candidates in the field have one or more of the following skills:
- Discretion and trustworthiness skills.
- Flexibility skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Comprehension skills.
- Forecasting skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Self-direction skills.
- Initiative taking sills.
- Tact and diplomacy.
Personal Assistant Job Boards
Employers and families looking to hire a personal assistant should try using a smaller job board. And before opening up the job advertisement to a national job board. Smaller job boards can have a higher caliber of a job applicant who has a stronger passion for the industry and job function.
Top personal assistant job boards
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
Download the free personal assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample personal assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..