Personal Assistant Job Description Sample - Free Template
A Personal Assistant is a co-CEO. They are someone who helps to ensure miscellaneous tasks don't distract from day-to-day operations. A Personal Assistant plays a very pivotal role to executives and to persons of interest. Without a Personal Assistant, an important person would be tasked with too many mundane operational needs that could drag down their focus on more important matters. They are leaders and self-motivators who are constantly thinking about efficiency and workflow.
Table of Contents
- Personal Assistant Job Description Sample
- Personal Assistant Resume Summary
- Personal Assistant National Average Salary
- Personal Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
- Personal Assistant Skills
- Personal Assistant Requirements
Personal Assistant Job Description Sample
Below is a sample job description for this role. Be sure to customize your job description for a personal assistant job before posting a job advertisement to any job boards.
A Personal Assistant is similar to a co-CEO. They are the ones who stand on the front-line to help manage and execute every day's needs. They could be answering phone calls to taking messages to depositing checks. They are skilled at every task and up for a challenge at all costs. The day-to-day operations of a Personal Assistant can vary based on the needs of the person or business. For the most part, the assistant is someone who is willing to ensure that all tasks are completed and that a smooth personal and work-life balance is made.
Personal Assistant Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a Personal Assistant in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
2+ years in business administrative work. Ability to execute all tasks on time. Strong ability to multi-task. Strong self-motivational skills. Strong verbal communication skills. Empathetic towards all tasks. No job is too small.
Personal Assistant National Average Salary
The national average salary for a Personal Assistant is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor Statistics. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $10.20/hr - $25.80/hr
Personal Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
Below are sample duties for an assistant role. Be sure to customize the duties to fit your needs.
- Organize personal and work life calendar events
- Check with all upcoming meetings to ensure the scheduling is in tact
- Manage and correspond with visitors, phone calls and generally try to prevent interruptions
- Work closely with your manage and leadership to ensure all tasks are accounted for and executed
- Run business and personal errands on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all administrative tasks are taken care of
- Provide ongoing personal assistance and business administration asssitance to executives.
- Comfort with flexible working hours
- Comfort with flexible administrative duties
- Comfort with scheduling meetings
- Comfort with booking travel arrangements
- Comfort with flexible job duties and overseeing needs of the employer or manager
- Comfort operating social media presences
Personal Assistant Skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Listening skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
Personal Assistant Requirements
- Previous experience in office administrative a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multitask throughout the day
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent operational skills and ability to ensure things get done
- Bachelor's degree, high school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years experience in a business setting preferred
- Experience as a personal assistant a plus
- A qualified candidate will have previous experience as an administrative assistant, executive personal assistant, virtual assistant, executive assistant, household staff, secretary, office manager, executive secretary, virtual personal assistant, private personal assistant, celebrity personal assistant, or any other personal assistant position or job title for an assistant.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesPersonal Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..