Security Officer Job Description Template
Free security officer job description template. A security officer is a professional who protects private or government parties from physical hazards by enforcing preventative measures. The security officer will be an armed person who manages security guards. Security officers oversee either one or many security guards on a premise. They oversee the security operation and training.
A security officer is sometimes referred to as an armed security officer.
Security Officer Job Description Sample
Our premise is looking for an experienced security officer to work alongside each security guard. And monitor for suspicious activity, suspicious behavior, and general criminal activity. Or security breaches. The security officer will oversee each security guard and provide them with general direction and operations. Our ideal candidate has knowledge of managing security personnel and using surveillance equipment and information systems.
Security Officer Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and security officer responsibilities:
- Provide each armed security guard with an assigned area.
- Provide training and operational support to each security guard.
- Monitor for theft, unauthorized persons, and violators on the premise.
- Provide safe work experience for each employee.
- Ensure the safety and security of the working premise.
- During an emergency situation, call law enforcement (a police officer) to the premises.
- Record information about guests, unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Work closely with the chief security officer to implement training, compliance, and duty details.
- Follow company policies while protecting our building.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the security team and ensure loss prevention of the goods and merchandise on the property.
Security Officer Requirements
Qualified candidates have the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A high degree of communication skills and coordination skills.
- And if carrying a firearm must have completed the 40-hour firearm training course.
- Law enforcement training is a plus.
- Previous work experience as a security guard or security officer is a plus.
Security Officer Skills
Top candidates have one or more of the following skills in the field:
- Coordination skills.
- Physical fitness.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to serve a customer or client's needs.
- Leadership skills.
- Team building skills.
- Comprehension skills.
- Hand-eye coordination skills.
Security Officer Salary
According to Salary.com. A security officer earns a median average salary of $32,900. With the top percentile of workers earning $40,000 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $26,400 per year, on average.
Download the free security officer job description PDF template. And use the sample security officer job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..