Best Security Officer Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A security officer is a professional who protects private or government parties from physical hazards by enforcing preventative measures. A security officer is an armed person who manages security guards. A security officer oversees either one or many security guards on a premise. They oversee the security operation and training.
A security officer is sometimes referred to as an armed security officer.
Security Officer Job Description Sample
Our premise is looking for an experienced security officer to work alongside each security guard to monitor for suspicious activity, suspicious behavior, and general criminal activity or security breaches. The security officer will oversee each security guard and provide them with general direction and operations. Our ideal candidate has knowledge of managing security personnel and using surveillance equipment and information systems.
Security Officer Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and security officer responsibilities:
- Provide each armed security guard with an assigned area.
- Provide training and operational support to each security guard.
- Monitor for theft, unauthorized persons, and violators on the premise.
- Provide safe work experience for each employee.
- Ensure the safety and security of the working premise.
- During an emergency situation, call law enforcement (a police officer) to the premises.
- Record information about guests, unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Work closely with the chief security officer to implement training, compliance, and duty details.
- Follow company policies while protecting our building.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the security team and ensure loss prevention of the goods and merchandise on the property.
Security Officer Requirements
Qualified candidates have the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A high degree of communication skills and coordination skills.
- If carrying a firearm must have completed the 40-hour firearm training course.
- Law enforcement training is a plus.
- Previous work experience as a security guard or security officer is a plus.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesSecurity Officer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..