Physical Therapist Job Description Sample
A Physical Therapist or PT as they are sometimes referred to as, is a professional who works with those who are in need of recovery. Recovery often consists of individuals who went through broken ligament scenarios or potentially back surgery, knee surgery and any type of sports-related injury. A Physical Therapist is there to help that individual set a plan and recovery program that will help them regain mobility and use of their body after injury or procedure.
Table Of Contents
Physical Therapist Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Physical Therapist job description:
We are searching for a 5-star physical therapist who can help patients on a daily basis. We look to our physical therapists to help champion the efforts of our clients. Our ideal therapists are those who are personable, friendly, knowledgeable and can encourage the growth and development of those who come to our care centers.
Physical Therapist Salary
According to PayScale, the average Physical Therapist can earn an average of $82,200 per year. On the higher end, when some bonus compensation is provided, a therapist can earn $102,000 in an annual salary range. Physical Therapist jobs are continuing to stay steady in the market as of 2018. And may only increase for 2019 and going into 2020.
Physical Therapist Job Description For Resume
A Physical Therapist position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
5 years in a prior physical therapy role. I was able to work with clients who were dealing with all sorts of ailments. From sports injuries to car accidents. We assessed physical pain and considered general mobility in addition to the client's age. Worked slowly with clients to develop great trust and rapport to then progress over a programmed amount of time. Kept great customer service at all times, even in difficult and stressful moments when the client felt discouraged.
Physical Therapist Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- People skills
- Planning skills
- Physical therapy skills
- Fitness skills
- Mobility skills
- Functional movement skills
- Calisthenics skills
Physical Therapist Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Physical Therapist for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Be able to show exceptional patient care at all times.
- Be able to present in-service and orthopedic injury prevention.
- Appropriately assess and present goals for patients based on their injuries or recent surgeries.
- Be able to provide progression treatments and goals based on progress from the client.
- Establish and develop a professional relationship with referral sources to drive inbound customers, which includes physicians, PA's, ARNO's, chiropractors, case managers, social workers and much more.
- Be able to supervise any rehabilitation aides as needed.
- Be able to supervise any PTAs when needed.
Physical Therapist Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Must be a licensed Physical Therapist before applying.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Must be able to pass a background check if required.
- Must be able to pass a basic drug test if required.
- Must be able to demo physical movements and show strength to our clients.
- Those who are in more physical fit shape will be preferred as they will be able to connect with the client on their mobility and therapies more specifically.
- Must have CPR certification.
Using This Physical Therapist Job Description Template
In order to use your new physical therapist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Physical Therapist Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..