Home Health Aide Job Description Sample
When you work as a home health aide, you’ll be responsible for assisting clients who are unable to perform tasks daily or care for themselves. Some of the daily tasks you'll be helping with include bathing, cleaning, cooking, and dressing. Sometimes, a home health aide also performs essential medical services. These services include checking for vital signs. Under some circumstances, a home health aide may also provide long-term or intermittent care. Some even specialize in pediatric or geriatric home health care.
Table of Contents
- Home Health Aide Job Description Sample
- Home Health Aide Salary
- Home Health Aide Job Description For Resume
- Home Health Aide Skills
- Home Health Aide Duties & Responsibilities
- Home Health Aide Requirements
Home Health Aide Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Home Health Aide job description:
Our facility has an opening for a home health aide. We're looking to add to our growing team. Your responsibility will be to assist patients with their daily needs as required. Some personal hygiene, housekeeping, and minor medical assistance may also be required. Successful candidates have an interest in health care and can work with limited supervision. You'll also want to make the patient's needs your number one priority.
Home Health Aide Salary
According to data U.S. News & World Report collected in 2017, the average median income a home health aide worker earned was $23,210.00 annually. The top 25% working that year saw wages of $26,000.00 annually, while the bottom 25% earned $20,640 per year.
Home Health Aide Job Description For Resume
A Home Health Aide position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
I'm a compassionate, skilled home health aid that is devoted to providing exceptional in-home care to patients who cannot take care of him or herself or are facing health limitations. I have over a decade of experience, a positive attitude, and a strong bedside manner. I'm compassionate, and my strong interpersonal skills and knowledge shine through with every patient experience.
Home Health Aide Skills
Working as a home health aid means meeting a patient’s needs on a personal, professional, and health-related level. Therefore, these candidates must possess a wide variety of skills. Use this section to outline them and get into detail regarding your expectations.
- Can assist patients with physical and mobility exercises and therapies.
- Can collect routine specimens.
- Can counsel and instruct patients and families regarding diet and exercise.
- Can maintain patient records and document all provided services.
- Can provide companionship.
- Can provide essential psychological and emotional support.
- Has a caring and compassionate personality.
Home Health Aide Duties & Responsibilities
Working as a home health aide requires attention to detail, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Therefore, you must detail every aspect of the home health aide’s duties and responsibilities in your job description. Here are some examples:
- Assist patients with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and other tasks daily.
- Performing essential health care services including checking the patient's vital signs and, if certified, administering medications.
- Helping with light housekeeping.
- Making arrangements for transportation.
- Working with a CNA, nurse, nurse's aid, personal care aid, nursing assistant, other caregivers, and other in-home care professionals.
- Observing and reporting regarding the patient's condition.
- Keeping up with all in-service training.
Home Health Aide Requirements
In this section, further refine your expectations for this role by outlining the requirements. That way, the candidate is clear regarding what certifications they must have, as well as other details about the job.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Has CPR certification.
- If medication administration is required, has the proper certification.
- All home health aides must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work independently or with limited supervision.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to complete light housekeeping as required.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..