Receptionist Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
The receptionist is the first point of contact for both existing employees and new guests. Receptionists manage all inbound inquiries both in person or over the phone. They can often be seen as the "face of the company" and provide an important role in the management of a large or small office.
Table Of Contents
Receptionist Job Description Sample
The receptionist is someone who provides a great working experience and office setting. They are someone who greets visitors, in person or over the phone. They answer inquiries. They also manage the check-in process of badging all incoming visitors and direct visitors. They help with new employee training as well as maintaining employee directories and giving instructions for existing employees.
Receptionist Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a receptionist in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
3+ years working in a fast-paced environment as a multi-disciplinary team player. Ability to reflect our respect for the work environment in both the management of guests as well as the service of our existing employees. Certified in all Microsoft products. Comfortable multi-tasking.
Receptionist National Average Salary
National average salary for receptionists is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $30,800 - $47,200
Receptionist Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains security check-points as a part of first entry
- Manages the badging and check-in process for all incoming visitors
- Coordinates direct mail flow for both inbound and outbound mail
- Maintains a safe and cleanly work environment for all employees
- Directs visitors to their destination
- Updates and manages the receptionist handbook with contact information
- Assists with the onboarding of new hires
- Assists with the training of new hires
- Monitors and assigns any service desk, IT desk or customer service desk tickets
- Manages the department charge card or corporate chard card
- People skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Fast learner
- Proficient in variety of technologies
- Prioritization skills
- Organizational skills
- 2 years ore more of relevant office administrative experience
- Proficient in most Microsoft products: Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Highly attentive to details
- Ability to work overtime or under tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable in fast-paced, high-energy environments
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..