Best Social Media Manager Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A social media manager is a professional who oversees the executions and representation of brands across social media channels. A social media manager is responsible for responding to comments and creating social media campaigns.
A social media manager may go by various titles like social media marketing manager, senior social media manager, social media specialist, social media community manager, and more.
Social Media Manager Job Description Sample
Our digital business is seeking a great social media manager and community manager to help oversee our brand awareness, the social media community, and develop engagement for our channels. The social media manager will act as a type of social media strategist and brand manager, overseeing brand consistency and all social media accounts. The manager should work with influencers, create content marketing plans, and other digital marketing or traditional marketing plans.
Social Media Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media accounts.
- Plan each social media platform execution (social media content) and campaign.
- Ensure social channels are growing.
- Oversee Facebook Ads for our social media channels.
- Define our social media strategy and marketing strategy.
- Approve each social media post and ensure it’s on point with our company’s brand and company’s social media strategy.
- Review Google Analytics and social media analytics regularly.
- Plan executions with the marketing team.
- Explore new social platforms for opportunities of growth.
- Define our target audience, marketing plan, and general social media marketing strategy.
- Handle the social media management of our social media marketing and social media presence marketing function.
Social Media Manager Requirements
A qualified social media manager should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration preferred.
- Previous experience in a social media management role.
- Familiarity with each social media channel preferred.
- A strong portfolio of growing audiences on social media platforms for brands.
Social Media Manager Salary
According to PayScale, a social media manager earns $51,170 per year, on average.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesSocial Media Manager Cover Letter Sample
Social Media Manager Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..