Social Media Manager Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A social media manager is a professional who works in digital marketing. They are responsible for the creation and management of the branded language and visuals that are related to a brand's social media presence. This includes Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and more. The social media manager is continuously trying to find engaging content the audience appreciates. When they are successful at doing this, the brand is able to grow its audience as well as their brand's reputation.
Table Of Contents
Social Media Manager Job Description Sample
We are seeking a passionate social media manager to join our digital marketing team. Social media managers play a critical role in connecting our brand with our customers. Great social media managers have the keen ability to understand how audiences will react to both written messages as well as photography and video. You are hungry to find engagement and grow our follower count throughout all social media channels. Great social media managers know how to plan out work in advance and can execute a wide variety of content types.
Social Media Manager Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Social Media Manager position in the U.S. was $49,800 annually.
Social Media Manager Job Description For Resume
3+ years work in social media management. Able to plan, automate, execute and track all social media executions. Prefer Instagram and Facebook over all other platforms. Familiar with Snapchat. Obsessed with attribution and driving engagement across all social media channels.
Social Media Manager Skills
- Planning skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Social skills
- Technical skills
- Collaboration skills
- Creative skills
- Photography skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Taste making skills
Social Media Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Be able to develop, plan and execute a corporate social media (content) strategy.
- Be able to monitor, develop and grow all engagement figures on social media channels.
- Identify influential partnerships and synergies across communities and content creators.
- Be able to maintain all negative commentary across social media channels.
- Develop all the photography and video executions that are related to social media channels.
- Drive awareness of the brand by engaging in relevant topics that are both evergreen and ephemeral.
- Set goals for our social channels and plan out quarterly work to be able to meet those goals.
- Handle all reputation management that's apart of our social and digital presence.
- Turn fans into customers.
Social Media Manager Requirements
- 3-5 years in Social Media Marketing preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing preferred.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud familiarity a plus.
- HubSpot familiarity a plus.
- Ability to write social media outlines that teams can execute.
- Ability to research social media topics that are going to be impactful to the business.
- Ability to manage digital tracking tools such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to ensure we are providing world-class social media presences.
- Ability to measure business impact from social media presences.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..