Best Preschool Teacher Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A preschool teacher is a childcare educator who teaches children ages two to four years of age. The preschool teacher is responsible for assisting with basic social skills, language skills, problem-solving, and other basic personal care. The preschool teacher uses educational techniques for young children, primarily consisting of group exercises, storytelling, experimentation, art therapy, and more.
Preschool Teacher Job Description Sample
Our childcare center is seeking an experienced public school teacher and early childhood teacher to work closely with our preschool children. The educator will work closely with children ages two to four years of age. Educating students on social skills, colors, shapes, numbers, problem-solving, and other early childhood development. Our ideal candidate has previous experience working as an elementary school teacher or other educator working with young students and children.
Preschool Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and preschool teacher responsibilities:
- Assist with the general childcare and classroom program for young children under the age of five years of age.
- Employ multiple teaching methods, including storytelling, field trips, experimentation, and group activities to assist with education and the preschool program.
- Work closely with a lead teacher, early childhood educator, or childcare worker to program the preschool education.
- Track children’s progress and report on the basic skills being taught through the classroom to the parents.
- Work closely with each student to ensure they are following the lesson plans and learning the proper skills for their age group.
- Ensure children are learning about colors, shapes, numbers, and letters.
- Develop schedules and routines for children to receive enough mental and physical activity.
Preschool Teacher Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Holds a CDA credential (Child Development Association) is preferred.
- Previous experience as a teaching assistant or “teacher assistant” is a plus.
- Previous experience as a teacher’s aide is a plus.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesBest Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample (+ Free Template Download)
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..