Executive Assistant Job Description
Executive Assistants are personal assistants for executive leadership. They are tasked with administrative duties that would otherwise slow down executive leaders from being able to perform. These duties could be scheduling, planning, coordinating, and ensuring time-management has been appropriately budgeted throughout the day.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking an Executive Assistant who can help ensure that one of our executive leaders is able to focus on larger company objectives. As an Executive Assistant, you should feel that no task is too small. From helping with retrieving lunches or coffee. To coordinating travel and ensuring that all upcoming transportation has been accounted for.
Executive Assistant Salary
In the U.S., the average Executive Assistant earns anywhere from $42,000 annually to $78,000 annually. It may vary depending on the executive that the assistant is working with and what industry they are in.
- Adaptability skills
- Note-taking skills
- Comprehension skills
- Active listening skills
- Scheduling skills
- Planning skills
- Adaptability skills
- Direction taking skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the executive with all administrative duties like scheduling, planning, coordination, and transportation.
- Assist the executive with all personal matters like planning breakfast, lunches, and dinners.
- Assist in note-taking and board member meetings that may have impactful minutes taken from them.
- Coordinate team members, executive leaders, and respond to emails.
- Groom schedules and ensure that the executives schedule is planned effectively.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may arise as the executive leader evolves the business needs.
- Ability to assist with travel arrangements.
- Ability to help with scheduling meetings.
- Ability to pull and provide expense reports.
- Ability to manage general reports.
- Ability to help with word processing.
- Ability to help manage and oragnize business documents.
- Ability to serve the vice president as well as the CEO.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous operations or administrative experience is preferred.
- Comprehension of what's required on behalf of a business leader.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, and other digital tools.
- Having mastery in Microsoft Office Suite is a strong plus.
- Ability to serve senior management.
- Ideal candidate can support all senior executive levels
- Ability to be a personal assistant as well as an executive assistant
- Ability to help with general assistant responsibilities
Executive Assistant FAQ's
Common questions by those hiring executive assistants
How should I determine our executive assistant duties?
Meet with the senior level executives and determine what their needs are. Then compose those into actionable insights for the job description.
What job boards are good for executive assistant roles?
Indeed.com is a great place to post this type of a role.
How should we determine our executive assistant responsibilities?
Meet with the executive staff and find which functions might be able to help save them time. From there, compose that into actionable insights for the job posting and job description.
Is this a good senior executive assistant job description?
It certainly can be. You may want to customize the job description further to make the role more suitable to an executive assistant position.
Where can I find more assistant job description templates?
We have many job description templates in our database.
Is this a good job description for an administrative assistant?
No, you should use the administrative assistant job description separately.
Is this a good job description for administrative support?
No, you should use the administrative support job description separately.
Is this a good job description for executive secretaries?
It certainly can be a good job description template for executive secretaries. It requires you to customize the duties and the requirements according to your needs.
How should we determine salary?
You can find average salary information from PayScale.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesExecutive Assistant Cover Letter Sample
5+ Best Executive Assistant Interview Questions & Answers
Executive Assistant Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..