Cyber Security Analyst Job Description (2022)
Free cyber security analyst job description. A cyber security analyst assesses, plans, and enacts security measures to provide organizations from computer network attacks and security breaches. Cyber security analysts often run simulated attacks on digital infrastructures to help identify where they may be vulnerable, spend time testing software meant to safeguard company data, and educating users on new security processes and regulations to increase overall network security. Cyber security analysts, sometimes called information security analysts as well, typically work alongside other IT department members. Information security analysts need to be highly knowledgeable and experienced with security software and computers and enjoy critical thinking.
Cyber Security Analyst Job Description Template & Sample
Below is a sample cyber security analyst job description.
Cyber Security Analyst Job Brief
Do you like puzzles? Enjoy being a "white hat" hacker? Does network penetration testing get your motor running? We're looking for skilled and experienced cyber security analysts to protect our digital infrastructure! Candidates who are certified information systems security professionals (CISSP) will be preferred. Knowledge of computer systems, computer hardware, systems and networks is a must. Must be detail-oriented and have ethical hacking experience. Come help us strengthen our network security and apply today!
Cyber Security Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify any security breaches or violations that need resolution.
- Installing and utilizing data encryption programs, firewalls, and other software to safeguard corporate data and protected information.
- Conducting tests on systems regularly to simulate attacks, identifying areas of vulnerability.
- Developing processes and standards to keep corporate systems safe, including cyber security procedures for employees.
- Preparing and creating regular reports for documenting process implementations, improvements, and security breaches.
- Continuous education and research into new and emergent cyberattack methodologies.
- Monitor for database breaches.
- Secure sensitive information and prevent potential threats to secure information before they happen.
- Patch operating systems and patch security issues that present potential data breaches.
- Monitor all systems for cyber attacks.
Cyber Security Analyst Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field, such as cybersecurity, software information assurance, computer science, or others.
- Certification in software security a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices and security standards for corporate networks and data infrastructures.
- Highly-developed analytical thinking skills to assess and study computer networks.
- Problem-solving skills for responding quickly to security alerts and network flaws.
- High attention to detail in order to detect even the most well-hidden cyberattacks.
- Critical risk-assessment skills and foresight to solve problems strategically before they occur.
- Highly technically skilled to work on the systems, networks, and programs that cyber security analysts come into contact with on a daily basis.
Related job descriptions
Download the free cyber security analyst job description PDF template. And use the sample cyber security analyst job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Cyber Security Analyst Job Description Template
Download our job description template in Word or PDF format. Instant download. No email required.Download Template
All job descriptions
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..