Pharmacy Technician Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A Pharmacy Technician is someone who works alongside a pharmacist in a pharmacy department. This is where you might go in a retail setting to get your prescription medications filled. You might see these departments at Duane Reed, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and more. The primary role of the Pharmacy Technician is to help process prescriptions. That includes dispensing and recording the transaction for any third-party medical claims.
Table Of Contents
Pharmacy Technician Job Description Sample
Our team is seeking a detail-oriented Pharmacy Technician who can join our department store. Great candidates show the ability to execute the dispensing of medication in a highly detail-oriented fashion. They are comfortable with customer interaction and deliver incredible customer experience. We require that all of our Pharmaceutical Technicians have the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board certificate (PTCB). Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for dealing with customer questions, directing customers on dosage as well as providing phone support or phone orders for prescriptions.
Pharmacy Technician Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Pharmacy Technician position in the U.S. was $13.48.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description For Resume
PTCB certified. 2+ years working alongside a Pharmacist. Was able to deliver incredible customer experience while answering customer questions and ensuring that all patients had their prescriptions managed and processed quickly and efficiently.
Pharmacy Technician Skills
- Typing skills
- Customer service skills
- Data entry skills
- Retail experience skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Pharmacy Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the pharmacist and follows state and federal regulations. In addition, assists the pharmacist with the overall performance of the Pharmacy Department duties.
- Models and delivers a delightful customer experience at all times.
- Responsible for helping to ensure all pharmacy systems are up to date, working and efficient.
- Develops strong relationships with our most valued customers.
- Must be PTCB certified so that you can assist and coach customers with their dosages and answer questions they may have regarding their prescriptions.
- Process and submit any medical claims for third party program prescription services.
- Assist in the practice of the pharmacy along with the pharmacist, which includes the retrieving, counting, and pouring of pharmaceutical drugs.
Pharmacy Technician Requirements
- Must be PTCB certified.
- High school diploma or some college preferred.
- Preferred candidates have at least 6 months experience in a retail environment.
- Preferred candidates have at least 6 months experience in another Pharmacy Technician role.
- Must have good math skills, customer service skills, computer skills and knowledge of store inventory.
- Must be fluent in reading and writing. Benefit if you're able to speak Spanish.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..