Best Teacher Assistant Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A teacher assistant or teaching assistant is a professional who assists teachers with instructional responsibilities, administrative tasks, classroom management, coursework preparation, clerical duties, and student instruction. A teaching assistant is also referred to as a teacher’s aide (TA), education assistant (EA), team teacher (TT), classroom assistants, or assistant teacher.
A teacher assistant can be found in elementary schools, childcare centers (early childhood education), and private schools.
Teacher Assistant Job Description Sample
At Pratt Elementary School, our lead teacher is seeking a teacher’s aide or teacher assistant to help with lesson plans, classroom activities, lesson material development, managing classroom materials, and other administrative duties that provide efficient student instruction and education.
Teacher Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and teacher assistant responsibilities include:
- Assist teachers with general classroom management and administration.
- Provide assistance with instructional aides like classroom materials, field trips, and more.
- Assist special education students with learning disabilities.
- Work closely with the head teacher or special education teacher to review students’ progress.
- Schedule parent-teacher conferences.
- Assess individual students’ progress and work one-on-one.
- Take notes from the classroom teacher on lesson plan development, student progress, student feedback, and standardized testing.
- Learn each pupils name, learning disabilities, and other learning needs.
Teacher Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in Child Development.
- A paraeducator license is preferred (licensed teacher).
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA status) is preferred.
- A graduate teaching assistant is okay (education in progress).
- Previous work experience as a teacher aide.
- Motivational skills and organizational skills are preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Teacher Assistant Interview Questions & Answers
Teacher Assistant Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..