Best Graphic Designer Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A graphic designer is a professional who assists in the creation of visual content to communicate messages. They determine visual hierarchy, layouts, typography, photography, and other visual elements to communicate with a viewer. A graphic designer may assist in the development of interactive designers, to develop user experiences.
Variations of the graphic designer role include senior graphic designer, junior graphic designer, graphic artist, graphic design specialist, entry-level graphic designer, and junior designer.
Graphic Designer Job Description Sample
Our company is seeking an experienced graphic designer who can assist with marketing material development, web design (website design), multimedia design, brand identity, and take a concept to reality with our Marketing and Communication team. An ideal candidate will have a strong graphic design portfolio that displays experience in all types of art direction. From brand identity (corporate identity, corporate logos, or company logos) to product packaging.
Graphic Designer Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and graphic designer responsibilities.
- Use graphic design software and computer software to turn a verbal concept into graphics.
- Take a visual concept from an art director and design graphics around the communications goals.
- Improve the layout of marketing materials, our website, and other design elements.
- Add creative flair to all brand assets.
- Use illustration skills to communicate brand messages.
- Work closely with a Creative Director to oversee projects.
- Work closely with an Art Director to develop creative directions.
- Work closely with a Web Designer on motion graphics, interactive graphics, and more.
- Illustrates a concept by showing a rough layout of art and copy arrangements.
- Assists with the direction of type size, style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Assists with the final layout of graphic concepts by refining type size, style, color theory, and more.
- Obtains approval of all creative concepts by the Creative Director and Art Director.
- Completes projects by coordinating with clients, customers, and other outside agencies.
Graphic Designer Requirements
A qualified candidate must have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Industrial Design.
- Graphic Design Degree preferred.
- A strong portfolio of creative work and graphic design.
- Ability to use design software such as Sketch, Framer, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and more).
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesGraphic Designer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..