Best Warehouse Associate Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A warehouse associate is a professional found in shipping logistics, warehousing, or a distribution center. This professional is responsible for a wide range of receiving and processing duties. The warehouse associate is responsible for processing the incoming stock and materials, filling orders from inventory, packaging and preparing orders for shipment, and retrieving stock from inventory.
A warehouse associate is sometimes referred to as a warehouse worker or material handler.
Warehouse Associate Job Description Sample
Our warehouse is seeking a warehouse associate to assist with our warehouse operations. The warehouse worker will assist with filling customer orders, unloading shipping containers or trucks, oversee inventory control and general management, retrieve stock for a stock clerk, and other warehouse duties. Our ideal candidate is able to operate a hand truck, pallet jack, and other heavy machinery to assist with the stock retrieval process.
Warehouse Associate Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and warehouse associate responsibilities:
- Work closely with other warehouse associates, the warehouse supervisor, and the warehouse manager to oversee general warehouse operations and follow safety procedures.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack, and other heavy machinery to retrieve merchandise or product from the warehouse.
- Coordinate with other warehouse employees to fulfill customer orders, unload shipments, prepare products and merchandise for shipping, and more.
- Ensure a smooth warehouse operation and safe warehouse environment by following all operational procedures and safety protocols.
- Operate warehouse equipment as needed.
- Unload pallets from shipping containers and place them in their designated areas.
- Take responsibility for the safety of the warehouse team at all times.
- Review an incoming order, process the order, pick the order from stock, and prepare for shipping.
Warehouse Associate Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous work experience in a warehouse position preferred.
- Previous position operating material handling equipment preferred.
- High degree of organizational skills preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..