Example Machine Operator Job Description (2022)
Free machine operator job description. A machine operator is a professional responsible for setting-up equipment, operating machinery, monitoring machine effectiveness, and optimizing the efficiency of machines. A machine operator is sometimes referred to as a machinist. This person maintains machines and performs routine quality and safety checks.
A machine operator has various job titles including construction equipment operator, CNC operator, and production operator. And while the job titles can vary, the duties and responsibilities amongst these titles are the same.
Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Our company and warehouse are seeking a machine operator to help oversee our heavy machinery. The machine operator will ensure machine operation is intact for all equipment. This includes a milling machine and a boring machine. The machine operator will undergo periodic checks to ensure that the essential functions of each machine are operational and safe to use. In addition, the machine operator will monitor machines and assist with the training and production procedures of our employees.
Machine Operator Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and machine operator responsibilities:
- Ensure heavy equipment is operational and safe to use by employees.
- Review blueprints and ensure that machines are assembled and operational as specified by their original plans.
- Train workers on the use of heavy machinery and operational procedures.
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Review our warehouse manufacturing process for general safety procedures and operation instructions.
- Oversee the quality control of heavy machines like drill presses, milling machines, and boring machines.
- Assist with pallet conveyor operations and ensure warehouse efficiency.
- Work closely with our warehouse associates and other warehouse workers to ensure machines are operational.
Machine Operator Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a warehouse environment is preferred.
- Experience in a previous machine operation role is preferred.
- High degree of analytical skills and engineering skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills, good eye-sight, and ability to coordinate with team members.
- Comfortable working in a warehouse setting. And with a wide range of working hours.
- Knowledge of heavy machinery engineering.
- Ability to meet physical demands (lifting 25 pounds or more).
Machine Operator Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a machine operator earns $17.68 per hour, on average. Equalling $36,770 in median annual wages.
Download the free machine operator job description PDF template. And use the sample machine operator job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Machine Operator Job Description Template
Download our job description template in Word or PDF format. Instant download. No email required.Download Template
All job descriptions
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..