Best Machine Operator Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A machine operator is a professional responsible for setting-up equipment, operating machinery, monitoring machine effectiveness, and optimizing the efficiency of machines. A machine operator is sometimes referred to as a machinist. This person maintains machines and performs routine quality and safety checks.
A machine operator has various job titles including construction equipment operator, CNC operator, and production operator.
Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Our company and warehouse are seeking a machine operator to help oversee our heavy machinery. The machine operator will ensure machine operation is intact for all equipment. This includes a milling machine and a boring machine. The machine operator will undergo periodic checks to ensure that the essential functions of each machine are operational and safe to use. In addition, the machine operator will monitor machines and assist with the training and production procedures of our employees.
Machine Operator Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and machine operator responsibilities:
- Ensure heavy equipment is operational and safe to use by employees.
- Review blueprints and ensure that machines are assembled and operational as specified by their original plans.
- Train workers on the use of heavy machinery and operational procedures.
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Review our warehouse manufacturing process for general safety procedures and operation instructions.
- Oversee the quality control of heavy machines like drill presses, milling machines, and boring machines.
- Assist with pallet conveyor operations and ensure warehouse efficiency.
- Work closely with our warehouse associates and other warehouse workers to ensure machines are operational
Machine Operator Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a warehouse environment is preferred.
- Experience in a previous machine operation role is preferred.
- High degree of analytical skills and engineering skills.
- Knowledge of heavy machinery engineering.
- Ability to meet physical demands (lifting 25 pounds or more).
Machine Operator Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a machine operator earns $17.68 per hour, on average. Equalling $36,770 in median annual wages.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..