Administrative Officer Job Description (2021)
Free administration officer job description (administrator job description). An administration officer handles administrative tasks (like answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, preparing reports, and filing documents). Their job duties and responsibilities are similar to an administrative officer. Assisting with clerical duties, using communication skills to coordinate work, managing office supplies, and handling other office administration tasks.
Administration officer job description template & sample
Sample administration officer or administrative officer job description. Use the following job description as a template.
Administrative officer job description brief
Our office is looking at hiring an organized, friendly, and high-performing administrative officer. And to join our team of leaders. The administrative officer will handle all clerical and administrative duties necessary to operate an effective office environment. This includes welcoming guests (visitors and clients), overseeing our daily office activities, maintaining relationships with office vendors, and providing assistance with general clerical duties.
Our ideal candidate is an administrative assistant who has previous experience in an office setting and can anticipate the needs and day-to-day operations of the office. This includes predicting low office supplies, handling vendor management, paying invoices (or coordinating with the accounting team), and overseeing the companies general administrative policies, procedures, and daily activities.
Administrative officer duties & responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist and handle general office management. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the office environment. Ensuring a smooth workspace for the employees.
- Provide administrative assistant duties to executives and staff.
- Assist with filing office paperwork and document storage.
- Deploy a systematic filing system and manage that filing system.
- Handle the preparation of expense reports.
- Answer telephone calls, respond to guest inquiries, and reply to emails.
- Assist with scheduling meetings. And assist managers with administrative tasks that help provide organization.
- Maintain office equipment, office supplies, and ensure the office is operating at optimal efficiency.
- Manage company resources and maintain relationships with office vendors.
- Follow office procedures and company policy. Manage a junior admin staff.
- Direct phone calls to their appropriate destinations.
- Maintain contact lists and contact databases.
- Assist with planning and scheduling travel arrangements for staff and executive staff.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports for the company.
- Write, distribute, and correspond to office memos, letters from the CEO, faxes, and more.
- Provide proofreading.
Administrative officer requirements
Candidates should have the following:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as an Administrative Assistant or Virtual Assistant is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of office equipment is a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Business Management is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in an office environment.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and more).
- Ability to provide support to staff.
- Effective communication skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a keen ability to multitask.
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
Download the free administration officer job description PDF template. And use the sample administration officer job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Related Hiring Resources
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..