Best Barista Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A barista is a coffee making and serving professional that is found within a coffee shop or retail environment. The barista is responsible for making, handling, and serving a purchased coffee drink to customers. A barista may prepare cold drinks, espresso drinks, and other coffee beverages.
Barista Job Description Sample
We are seeking an experienced barista or entry-level barista for our cafe. This coffee barista position will serve customers with world-class espresso, coffee, and specialty espresso drinks. Our barista will ensure that each customer is satisfied with their beverage and desires to return to our establishment.
Barista Job Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample barista responsibilities and job duties:
- Ensure fresh coffee beans are in the espresso machine each morning.
- Prepare an espresso drink based on a set menu and ingredients list.
- Ensure the coffee bar is clean and organized.
- Operate brewing equipment to brew coffee.
- Create specialty coffee beverages for customers.
- Take food orders and serve food to customers.
- Handle food preparation in the mornings and evenings.
- Be responsible for brewing coffee every morning.
- Work closely with the store manager and shift supervisor.
- Take customer orders, prepare quality beverages, and serve each customer.
- Practice milk foaming, latte art, and general barista skills that advance you from a good barista to a great barista.
- Take time to educate yourself on coffee grinding, coffee blend making, and pouring the perfect espresso shot.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to complete a barista certification program and general barista training.
- Customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in a retail environment.
- Previous experience in the coffee industry, food service industry, or barista position is preferred.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a barista earns $11.17 per hour, on average. Equalling $23,240 in median annual wages.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Barista Interview Questions & Answers
Best Barista Cover Letter Sample (+ Free Template Download) 
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..