Best Server Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A server is a professional that works at a food establishment or alcoholic establishment. They are the professionals responsible for taking orders from customers and ensuring their food or beverages are delivered. The server assists with seating, payments, customer service, and other responsibilities of ensuring that each patron is receiving quality service.
A server is also referred to as a restaurant server, banquet server, food server, waitress, or waiter.
Server Job Description Sample
Our food establishment and restaurant is seeking a qualified and passionate server who can help our patrons experience world-class dining quality and dining experience. Servers will help customers with food orders, show patrons the food and beverage menu, and coordinate with staff to ensure each patron is served a beverage along with a high-quality meal in a timely manner.
Server Job Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and server responsibilities:
- Assist with seating patrons in the dining room and start their meal service.
- Provide food menus to each patron.
- Take customer orders for food and beverages.
- Hold high-quality service standards and ensure food preparation is ready to consume.
- Submit beverage orders to the bartender.
- Answer questions about a menu item for customers.
- Greet customers when they enter the restaurant.
- Provide information on daily specials.
- Work with a busser to clear tables and place new flatware after customers are finished with their meal.
- Communicate customer food orders with the kitchen staff.
Below are job requirements for a server. Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Previous work experience in the restaurant industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate meal service with each person and employee that is part of the restaurant staff during rush hours.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a server earns $12.01 per hour, on average. Equalling $24,980 per year, on average.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Food Server Interview Questions & Answers
Banquet Server Job Description Sample
Server Cover Letter Sample
Server Resume Objective Examples
Server Resume Example - Free Template for 2020
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..