Program Assistant Job Description (2021)
Free program assistant job description. A program assistant is a junior-level employee who is assigned to a specific department that handles an exact program within the organization or business. Their primary objective to assist with clerical functions and administrative functions that help with the implementation of programs within the business.
A program assistant can often be found within non-profit organizations, education systems (a university or other), and other related businesses. A program assistant often works closely with a program manager.
Program Assistant Job Description Template & Sample
Sample program assistant job description.
Program Assistant Job Brief
Our business is seeking a talented program assistant to help with clerical and administrative duties for our members of the staff. The program assistant performs research, handles correspondence, and assists the university or company with project management, community management, and other administrative assistance. Daily activities of a program assistant may vary. From note taking to meeting scheduling. Or from handling training to recording resources and allocation into spreadsheets (P&L reports). Our ideal candidate is someone who is able to perform a variety of administrative tasks while managing multiple projects.
Flexible hours are required for this position.
Program Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with managing databases and correct data.
- Lead or assist in classes in anatomy/physiology or transcription.
- Generate scripts and programs for GIS data transformation.
- Pull reports, groom reporting, and prepare transcripts for meetings.
- Prepare financial documents, groom data, and transform data for presentations.
- Maintain the day-to-day office operations and ensure office equipment has supplies and is functioning properly.
- Act as a consultant and liaison between programs and departments within the business.
- Maintain physical and digital records in an organized filing system based on program and requirement.
- Type reports, write documents, proofread, and assist with writing.
- Welcome guests and patrons to the office. Answer phone calls. And assist in transferring phone calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Record notes during staff meetings and transcribe meeting notes to digital assets.
- Assist with events and other on-site activities.
- Schedule team meetings. Create calendar invites and send to the required team members.
Program Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management is a strong plus.
- Previous experience in an administrative support position is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, administrative skills, written communication skills, and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-manage tasks without the need of managers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
Download the free program assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample program assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..