HR Administrative Assistant Job Description (2022)
An HR administrative assistant is someone who works in the human resources department. They assist with hiring, training, preparing employee agreements, and assisting other human resources personnel with special projects and general needs. This is a clerical and administrative job title.
This HR administrative assistant job description will help you find qualified HR administrative assistant job candidates that have the right skills to provide excellent HR administrative assistant support for your company.
HR Administrative Assistant Job Description Template & Sample
This sample HR administrative assistant job description template is a great starting point for your own administrative assistant job opening. Adapt and change this template and sample HR administrative assistant job description as fits your specific organization to create an administrative assistant job listing that is sure to get noticed!
HR Administrative Assistant Job Description Brief
We are looking for an HR Administrative Assistant to provide support to our Human Resources department. You will act as the first point of contact for all HR-related queries from both external partners and employees alike.
Your main administrative duties will include personnel record maintenance, HR administrative document management (such as onboarding guides and employment records), and keeping internal databases updated. Ideal administrative assistant candidates will have HR administrative assistant procedure experience and the ability to complete multiple administrative tasks in a timely manner, all while ensuring that our HR department conforms to all relevant labor laws and provides our employees with the support they need.
HR Administrative Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Organizing and maintaining personnel records
- Updating internal databases, for example recording instances of maternity or sick leave
- Preparing HR documents, such as guides for new hires and employment contracts for new employees
- Participate in revising company policies
- Liaise with insurance vendors and other external partners to ensure legal compliance
- Presenting reports regularly on how the company is performing via turnover rates and other HR metrics
- Providing answers to employee questions about issues related to HR
- Providing relevant information to payroll in regards to work schedules, sick days, leaves of absence, and other details
- Process expense forms and arrange travel accommodations
- Participation in the organization, scheduling, and posting of job fair events and other HR projects.
- Review benefits with job applicants. Assist with candidate development. Maintain knowledge of the company benefits to use during the hiring process.
- Perform training and education to new employees.
- Manage a stream of candidates during the hiring process. Logging each resume or resumes submitted to the job.
- Prepare contracts and employee agreements.
- Post job ads and send leads to the proper personnel for an open position.
HR Administrative Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Previous experience in Human Resources, either as an HR administrative assistant or in another role where administrative support was provided.
- HR software experience, with examples being HRMS or HRIS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and otherwise computer software literate
- Well-versed in federal and state labor laws, policies, and procedures
- High levels of organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills in-person, over the phone, and via email
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Sales Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
- Real Estate Assistant Job Description
- Vet Assistant Job Description
- HR Administrative Assistant Job Description
Download the free hr administrative assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample hr administrative assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..