Bartender Job Description (2021)
Free bartender job description. A bartender is a professional who concocts, prepares, and serves alcoholic beverages behind a restaurant or state-licensed bar establishment. Bartenders not only prepare alcoholic beverages but ensure supplies and inventory of the bar area are ready for patrons.
Bartender Job Description Sample
Our bar establishment is seeking an experienced bartender or entry-level bartender who can help our bartending needs. The bartender's job includes checking the legal drinking age of each patron. Preparing mix drinks (cocktail drinks), serving drink orders, and preparing each drink to specification. A bartender will assume responsibility for the bar area, ensuring bar inventory and clean glasses are readily available. And ensuring a clean bar for new customers.
Related: Learn how to become a bartender.
Bartender Duties and Responsibilities
Below are the bartender responsibilities and job duties:
- Take beverage orders of each customer.
- Check bar supplies regularly.
- Serve each patron with a smile.
- Develop bartender skills over time.
- Prepare alcohol beverages and mixed cocktails.
- Arrange bottles behind the bar for an appealing setting for customers.
- Learn and follow drink recipes or cocktail recipes.
- Communicate with bartender helpers and other wait staff.
- Take food orders and serve food in the bar area.
- Ensure liquor stock, liquor availability, and mix ingredients stock.
- Alert the bar manager of overly intoxicated customers, intoxicated patrons, or unruly customers.
- Ensure the quality of each beverage being served.
- Mix cocktails according to their classic recipes. Includes old-fashioned cocktails, Manhattan cocktails, and more.
- Check with patrons to ensure they are pleased with their drinks and ask if they need further assistance.
- Assist the mixologist with drink recipes. Plan a drink menu that fits with the season. And delights customers when they visit the establishment.
- Work closely with the bar manager and retail manager to coordinate the drink menu with the food menu. Ensuring that food pairings are available for customers.
- When patrons have had too much to drink, ensure their safety by calling an Uber or cab service to take them home.
- Provide an overall friendly and positive experience for customers.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- State issued bartending school diploma.
- Experience in the food industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of bar equipment.
- Communication skills, customer service skills, and a desire to become better than a “good bartender”.
Related job descriptions
Download the free bartender job description PDF template. And use the sample bartender job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..