Babysitter Job Description Sample
A babysitter is a professional who helps to look after children in an in-home experience. Babysitters play a pivotal role in the safety and care of children. They are there to help prepare and provide meals so that everyone is fed. As well as make sure all classroom schoolwork has been appropriately finished and ready for the following day. Great babysitters are those who pay close attention to children needs and can plan activities as well as needs based on the day of the week as well as the time of day when the parents are away.
Table Of Contents
Babysitter Job Description Sample
Our family is seeking a passionate and gentle babysitter who can look after our three children. These children range from ages 1 to 5 years of age. They require some care and attention but the, for the most part, are easy to look after. Our children will require meals as well as hygiene needs that a babysitter should feel comfortable with. If you are passionate about children and have the desire to work in a comfortable home, we're looking for you.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for an Babysitter position in the U.S. was $11.05/hr on average.
Babysitter Job Description For Resume
2+ years in a nanny or babysitting capacity. Comfortable with children of all ages. Knows how to plan activities so that while parents are away, children stay happy, healthy, and safe.
- Attention to detail skills
- Compassion skills
- Empathy skills
- Communication skills
- Creative skills
- Cooking skills
- Cleaning skills
Babysitter Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan meals and care as needed based on the time of day and day of the week.
- Plan activities for children so that they are feeling entertained and educated.
- Play a role in their school work and assist them if requested.
- Help children stay safe within the home.
- Be mindful and pay close attention to all children's needs even after they've gone to sleep.
- Assist in their medication taking or special needs as requested by the parents.
- Play a pivotal role in their happiness at home.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to clear background checks and a basic drug test.
- No smokers.
- Must have own transportation covered.
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice.
- Must be a kind and trustworthy soul.
Using This Babysitter Job Description Template
In order to use your new babysitter job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..