Case Manager Job Description Template
Free case manager job description template. A case manager is a professional who assesses, plans, facilitates and evaluates care coordination to meet an individual or family’s health needs. A case manager can be found in a private medical facility, mental care facility, or inpatient facility. The case manager may interview patients and families to assess their health needs and risk categories to develop and implement appropriate levels of care.
A case manager has various job titles including RN case manager, certified case manager, or nurse case manager. The case manager position is often confused with the social worker's job title. The difference between the two is that a case manager is a social worker who coordinates care for their clients. Meanwhile, a social worker provides assistance in dealing with difficult life circumstances.
Case Manager Job Description Sample and Template
Use the following job description template to write a job posting or job advertisement.
Our medical facility and healthcare organization is seeking a case manager to help with patient case management. The ideal candidate will be able to provide a level of social work and health care planning to the client and patient. The case manager will oversee the management process of assessing, planning, and facilitating an individual or family’s care management and health care needs. A case manager is someone who will oversee the case management process from start to finish. And provide exceptional customer service while practicing our case management services.
Duties and Responsibilities
A case manager should have the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide optimal patient care at all times.
- Review care plan options with families and individuals based on assessments performed.
- Provide care to individuals suffering from mental illness and assess care plan options.
- Provide care to individuals suffering from substance abuse and assess care plan options.
- Have knowledge of community resources to provide to patients.
- Work closely with family and friend support networks (support systems) to put care plans in place.
- Work closely with other RN case managers (case management nurses) to provide optimal care to all patients.
- Obtain additional resources, assist by intervening in crises, and provide personal support.
- Improve clinical outcomes and increase patient satisfaction.
- Assist with monitoring staff performance and facilitating interdisciplinary approaches.
- Work closely with physicians, nurses, and other mental health professionals.
- Assign social workers to respond to crisis situations.
Qualified candidates should have the following and meet all state eligibility requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work (BSW), Nursing (Registered Nurse), or another related field.
- Master’s Degree in Case Management a plus.
- Continuing education (currently enrolled) okay.
- State nursing certification a plus.
- Experience in a mental health facility or medical care facility providing social service care a plus.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of various care plan options and assessment methods.
Case Manager Skills
Top candidates have one or more of the following skills:
- Assessment skills
- Planning skills
- Implementation skills
- Evaluation skills
- Patient advocate skills
- Decision-making skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Data management skills
- Team-building skills
- Public speaking skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Delegation skills
- Information-sharing skills
- Emotional intelligence skills
Case Manager Salary
According to the U.S. Burearu of Labor Statistics, a case manager earns $32.28 per hour, on average. Equalling $67,150 in median annual wages.
Case Manager Certifications
Qualified candidates should have one or more of the following case manager certifications:
- Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
- ACM Certification
- ANCC Nursing Case Management Certification
- Certified Social Work Case Manager (C-SWCM)
- American Academy of Case Management (AIHCP)
Download the free case manager job description PDF template. And use the sample case manager job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..