Uber Driver Job Description (2021)
Uber Drivers are gig-economy workers who drive patrons (or ride-share riders) from Point A to Point B. Uber Drivers pick up patrons who are using the Uber phone application and are requesting rides. An Uber Driver picks up these patrons and riders, ensures their safety, and drops them off at their desired locations. Both the rider and the Uber Driver exchange compensation through the Uber mobile application as a result of the ride.
Uber Driver Job Description Sample
We are seeking experienced drivers who can oversee the safety of our riders and ensure their transportation to and from their desired locations. A great candidate is someone who has a passion for transportation, understands all road and safety signs, comprehends their local streets, and has an ability to deliver a world-class customer experience on behalf of Uber.
Uber Driver Salary
A Uber Driver can earn approximately $28,900 per year on average. Due to the fact that Uber Drivers are "on-demand", a driver may earn more or less depending on the time they commit towards picking up riders and dropping them off at their desired destination.
Uber Driver Required Soft Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent mapping skills.
- Direction-taking skills.
- Ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to be empathetic towards customers.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to determine the best driving routes when GPS fails.
Uber Driver Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of all riders.
- Pick up patrons and greet them when they enter your vehicle.
- Provide a safe place for your riders to be picked up and dropped off.
- Provide a safe driving experience for your riders and get them to their destinations.
- Ensure that all patrons have properly used the mobile application to close their ride share.
Uber Driver Requirements
- A valid state drivers license.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test if asked.
- GED preferred.
- Some college education is preferred.
- Ability to follow safety signs and follow state regulated laws of the road.
- Ability to take online courses to learn how to become a safe driver and deliver an incredible ride-share experience.
Uber Driver Job Description Template
Related job descriptions
Download the free uber driver job description PDF template. And use the sample uber driver job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..