Customer Service Job Description Sample
A customer service representative is a professional who handles the interaction between a customer and brand. These interactions primarily deal with scenarios or situations where the company or service cannot deliver what the customer needs. For example, if the company is unable to provide automated return shipping processes. Then a customer service agent or representative would then help with that need.
Table Of Contents
Customer Service Job Description Sample
We are searching for enthusiastic, uplifting and patient customer service representatives who can help our business on the front-lines. Our representatives are a key part of our customers staying loyal to what we offer. A representative may have to deal with a number of issues on a daily basis. From a customer being unhappy with our product or service. To a customer simply seeking information they couldn't find online. Those with incredible people skills, patience, and problem-solving abilities will be preferred for this role.
Customer Service Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Customer Service position in the U.S. was $13.85/hr on average.
Customer Service Job Description For Resume
2+ years in a prior customer service role. Was able to complete roughly 10 customer service requests per day at a 99% happiness rating. Familiar with all products, services, and terms in an in-depth way. Able to be a change agent and bring energy to the customer service role.
Customer Service Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- People skills
- Listening skills
- Analytical skills
- Resourcefulness skills
- Efficiency skills
- Time management skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Adaptability skills
- Empathetic skills
- Energetic skills
Customer Service Duties & Responsibilities
- Working in a fast-paced environment on the front-lines of customer experience and customer support.
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer requests.
- Identifying opportunities where customer interactions would be valuable to other teams, including senior leadership.
- Generating daily reporting of all customer service interactions and happiness or completion scores.
- Staying up to date on all products, services, and changes to terms so that customers can come to you as a main stakeholder for knowledge.
- Following all standard customer service protocol and ensuring we provide a friendly and relatable voice to our customers.
- Being available by phone, email and sometimes social media between the hours of 9am to 5pm.
Customer Service Requirements
- Candidates with previous customer service experience will be preferred.
- Ability to work long hours if needed.
- Ideally, one year customer service experience.
- Strong time management skills and verbal communication skills.
- Requires a valid state drivers license.
- Required to complete a background check and standard drug test.
- Adaptable and compatible to the work environment and willingness to learn.
What are some other titles for customer service roles?
Other titles include:
- Customer Service Manager
- Customer Service Supervisor
- Customer Service Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Agent
- Retail Customer Service
- Call Center Customer Service
For the most part, these roles are the same as the information provided in this guide. Though, if you are trying to hire within a management role, you may want to change your job description to include information regarding the successful management of a customer service team.
What does the Walmart Customer Service Job Description look like?
Want to make a lot of people's day? Our Customer Service Associates are the heart of our front end. You play a major role in how our members feel in the club and when they leave. You might be the first, last, and sometimes only associate that our members interact with. That's why it's so important to smile, greet, and thank each and every one. We are looking for friendly faces to run registers, self check outs, club pick up and more! The pace can be really fast, especially in the evenings, on weekends, and during a holiday season. There are times when you have to juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping members: scanning items, processing payments, and maintaining a clean area-you get the idea! It's hard work, but our cashiers find it rewarding, especially since they're a part of a large team with a common goal: happy, satisfied members.
Using This Customer Service Job Description Template
In order to use your new customer service job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources3 Answers To “What Does Customer Service Mean To You”
6+ Best Customer Service Representative Interview Questions
Customer Service Manager Job Description Sample
Customer Service Resume Objectives (15 Examples)
Customer Service Associate Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..