Real Estate Agent Job Description Sample
Pursuing a new career opportunity as a real estate agent means you're be assisting clients in the purchase, sale, and rental of properties. Real estate agents or real estate sales individuals complete similar work as real estate brokers. However, a real estate broker has a license to manage his or her real estate business. When you're a real estate agent, that means you're working with a real estate broker.
Table of Contents
- Real Estate Agent Job Description Sample
- Real Estate Agent Salary
- Real Estate Agent Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
- Real Estate Agent Skills
- Real Estate Agent Duties & Responsibilities
- Real Estate Agent Requirements
Real Estate Agent Job Description Sample
We're in search of a driven and qualified real estate agent who will be responsible for the purchase and sale of property for our real estate business. Your responsibilities will include generating leads to grow our customer base, providing counsel to clients regarding market conditions, and the development of competitive market prices. You'll also be responsible for developing real estate property lists and presenting sellers with purchase offers. You must possess a state license for consideration for this position. Successful candidates must have superb sales experience and be in good standing with the local realtor board.
Real Estate Agent Salary
According to data collected by PayScale during 2019, the national average salary of a real estate agent is $48,196.00 per year. That equates to a median wage of $18.70, on average, per hour. Entry-level real estate agents with less than one year of experience can expect to see salaries of at least $41,000.00 per year. Those who have been working as a real estate agent for twenty years or longer are reporting earnings of at least $66,000.00 or higher.
Real Estate Agent Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Commercial and residential real estate agent with over six years of experience selling properties and homes throughout my area with a proven track record of success. Able to generate business through prospecting and networking. A proven closer who is adept at working with management and property owners, and developing successful client relationships. Seeking to leverage these proven skills at your already established real estate business.
Real Estate Agent Skills
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the real estate industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours and adapt to change.
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Real Estate Agent Duties & Responsibilities
- Generating clients leads for the purchase of, selling, and renting properties.
- Counseling clients regarding market prices, conditions, and mortgages.
- Comparing properties for the development of a competitive market price.
- Creation of real estate property lists, including features, information location, square footage, etc.
- Shows properties to renters and potential buyers.
- Presentation of offers to sellers.
- Facilitates negotiations between those purchasing and selling.
- Reviews purchase contracts ensuring everyone is meeting the terms.
- Promotes every property using advertising, open houses, and property listings.
- Prepares deeds, loyalty contracts, rental agreements, purchase agreements, and other documentation for every real estate transaction.
- Maintains a real estate license.
Real Estate Agent Requirements
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising sales, business administration, marketing, or promotion preferred.
- Three to five years of real estate sales experience is beneficial.
- Familiarity with customer service phone systems.
- Must possess a valid real estate license.
- Must be an active agent or in good standing with the local realtor board.
- Possess a clean and valid driver's license.
- Track record of successful sales.
- Working knowledge of real estate properties.
- Understanding of MS Office software.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesReal Estate Agent Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..