Custodian Job Description Template
Free custodian job description template. A custodian is a professional who oversees the maintenance and cleaning of buildings, hospitals, schools, and other commercial or residential accommodations. A custodian is sometimes referred to as a porter, cleaner, caretaker, or janitor. This professional ensures a clean, healthy, safe space for employees, customers, and people.
Custodian Job Description Sample
Our commercial property is searching for an experienced custodian to oversee the cleaning, safety, and quality of our building and facility (our work environment). The custodian will assist with minor repairs, cleaning floors, overseeing the cleaning equipment, coordinating with other cleaning staff, and ensure common areas are free of obstructions. The day-to-day operations of a custodian may go from vacuuming a restroom to polishing floors. We are seeking a custodian who will take their job seriously and work closely with the office manager to oversee the building's maintenance requirements.
Custodian Duties and Responsibilities
Below are custodian job duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure trash receptacles (trash cans) are cleared.
- Use cleaning chemicals and other cleaning agents safely.
- Provide regular mopping to bathrooms and common areas.
- Restock toilet paper in bathrooms and restrooms.
- Vacuum carpets regularly.
- Mop common area spills.
- Use floor buffers to ensure floors are cleaned and polished.
- Change light fixtures and light bulbs.
- Oversee all cleaning duties of the restrooms.
- Handle small maintenance tasks like a leaky faucet.
- Handle custodial equipment and other essential equipment.
- Work closely with the head custodian and handle essential functions of the custodial work.
- Assist with snow removal in the winter months.
- Coordinate with the senior custodian on a regular basis.
- Resolve common maintenance problems. Or work closely with vendors to assist with larger maintenance issues that need to be addressed.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
- Previous experience as custodial staff.
- Ability to operate equipment (and tools) like vacuum cleaners, floor polishers, and other equipment that may require physical demands.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment and building cleaners preferred.
Download the free custodian job description PDF template. And use the sample custodian job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..